Friday, 17 September 2010
Thursday, 16 September 2010
CASTLEMORTON PARISH COUNCIL
Draft minutes of the meeting of Castlemorton Parish Council held on
Thursday 2nd September 2010 at the Parish Hall, commencing at 7.30p.m.
Angus Golightly (Chairman), Mary Watts, Bill Bowen, Lionel Bartlett, & Don Lupton,
Members of the Public:
Apologies Cllrs. Smallwood,Bradshaw,Downs & Fryman and accepted, also District Cllr. Watkins.
28/2010. Declarations of interest
There were no declarations of interest.
29/2010. Minutes of the Previous Meeting
It was RESOLVED that the draft minutes of the annual meeting of 6th July 2010 were a true record of that meeting.
30/2010. Progress Reports
- Footpaths: As Parish Path Warden the Chairman reported that he had advised the County Council of temporary closure of footpaths CM562 (North end) & CM 564 (West end) whilst bridge/drainage/improved access work was carried out by local resident (Mr David Wood) at the rear of his property Bannut Tree Cottage. Mr Wood having previously contacted the County Council to no avail. The work is near completion and the Chairman has reinstated the footpath way signs.
The chairman reported that there was confusion over the finalisation of work to complete footpath CM 595 in the area of Chandlers Cross. The fence obstruction was to be removed and a new footpath finger post erected. The residents have now expressed concerns about track maintenance. Cllrs agreed that this footpath would be maintained in a similar manner to all other parish footpaths including those in conjunction with Malvern Hills Conservators and finalisation of said footpath be completed ASAP.
- Highways 17/2010: Clerk was seeking written/verbal confirmation from the County Council of the areas of repair actioned and to be actioned. Only a Hub receipt to date.
Further highway matters to be reported include damaged marker bollards opposite The Old Smithy on the B4208, south side of New Road and pot holes along quarry road in the vicinity of Bowling Green Farm.
- Winter Service Report completed by County Council. Awaiting news of grit bins.
31/2010. Finance Report
It was RESOLVED that the following payments be made:
£ £ Description Authorised Payment Cleared Balance 6th July 11648.25 Less Expenditure No 656 Clement Keys 158.63 External Audit Yes No No 657 Clerk 126.98 Wages Aug/Sept Yes No No 658 Watts 52.00 Parish Hall blinds Yes No Less 337.61 Monies Available 2nd September £11,310.64 NB Clement Keys charge rates are directed by Councils receiving grants hence this invoice is an increase on previous years. 32/2010 District Councillor Report Cllr Watkins reported on:
No 656 Clement Keys
No 657 Clerk
No 658 Watts
Parish Hall blinds
NB Clement Keys charge rates are directed by Councils receiving grants hence this invoice is an increase on previous years.
32/2010 District Councillor Report
Cllr Watkins reported on:
- Changes affecting the NHS across Worcestershire including management of the new Malvern Hospital.
a) Report of planning applications received/decided since last meeting was noted.
Number Description Address Status
Proposed 2 storey rear and side extension with dormer windows.
Sherwood Cottage Eight Oaks
MHDC: Approved 14/7/10
Demolition of outbuilding and construction of single storey extension to provide dependent accommodation
Grove farm Druggers End
MHDC: Approved 3/8/10
2 storey side & front extension alternative to approved scheme. 10/00106/CPU
MHDC: Refused 28/7/10.
Applicant appealed 18/8/10
New entrance and replacement roof over existing garage.
Glos. Rd. Castlemorton
PC: No objection
In his absence Cllr Fryman had previously reported to the Parish Council that he had received acknowledgement from his letter to Harriet Baldwin MP re permitted development. (Minute 17/2010)This includes responses from The Planning Inspectorate and Communities and Local Government. In conclusion the aim is to ''radically reform the planning system to give neighbourhoods far more ability to determine the shape of the places in which the inhabitants live.''
Alleged Breach of Control re Biddles Farm & Caravan at Broomhill Coppice. MHDC have allocated a Physical Harm Priority 3 to both these cases and they will be investigated by the Enforcement Officer.
A list of the correspondence, Appendix 1 received, was advised by the clerk to councillors and hardcopies were available for Councillors to view.
35/2010. Parish Hall Trust
- 2 blinds have been purchased for the west windows at a cost of £52.00 and awaiting installation.
- Faulty fan in the ladies toilet, RESOLVED new fan be purchased/fitted by electrician asap.
- Specification for replacement windows being presently sought.
Chairman reported that the Bat Survey by J Birks of Swift Ecology (at a quoted cost of £988 plus vat) was under way the first count recently conducted.
Still seeking 25% support grants to the main Leader application for the major proposed capital work on the Parish Hall. Looking at Awards For All, Landfill and Community First – Grass Roots.
In anticipation of success with grant applications it was RESOLVED to seek support with Bank Rolling (Bridging Loan) from MHDC – Finance & Resources as previously advised by Joel Killer. This would assist finances, so paying contractors when tasks completed prior to grant receipts.
36/2010. Big Chill
- Revenue for Parish Hall Trust following donation from ticket receipts was £1,775.00.
- The chairman was due to meet Big Chill organisers for a post event evaluation.
37/2010. CALC Updates
Competence and The Big Society & Capping the Precept
38/2010. Any Other Business/Items for the next Meeting:
Any further agenda items should be advised to the Clerk prior to the next meeting including any areas of work within the remit of the Lengsthman.
39/2010. Next Meeting
It was RESOLVED that the next meeting will be held at 7.30 pm on Thursday 4th November 2010 in the Parish Hall.
Future dates for Parish Council meetings as follows:
Thursday 13th January 2011 NB THIS IS A DATE CHANGE
Thursday 10th March 2011 Thursday 12th May 2010
There being no other business, the meeting closed at 9.50 pm.